The Deutschers

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Doctor - girls only

Well some good news. Eric's Step-dad was released from the hospital just over a week ago. We are happy that he could go home.

Well I went to the doctor on Monday and she is sending me for the ultrasound and has referred me to the Gynocologist.  She got my test results back and the way it works is your hormones go up to make you ovulate well I am not ovulating so my hormones just keep going up. When they did the test my levels where 3 times as high as they normally should be. So the upside is I haven't had a period in 3 months. The down side is they don't know why. I am only 34 and shouldn't be in Menopause yet. That is why the ultrasound which is scheduled for Nov 26. 

I am scared and hate not knowing what is wrong. It is hard because no one really understands what I am going through or what to say. Sometimes I just want to sit down and cry but them I realize I don't really know why I want to cry. Hormones I guess.

On top of it all I forgot my mom's birthday in the middle of all of this. Now she is upset and I feel horrible for being so self centered and not remembering. This isn't the first time I have forgotten so it is kind of a habit. What do you guys do to remember birthdays. Any ideas would be great. I actually set a reminder on my phone which will work great if I have the same phone this time next year.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I go through my calendar at the beginning on the year and write all my loved ones b-days on it so that I remember.

     
  • At 5:24 p.m., Blogger Laurie said…

    That would work if I had a calendar!!! lol

     
  • At 12:16 p.m., Blogger Colleen said…

    I'm glad to hear Eric's step-dad is doing better but sorry to hear how things are going with you, Laurie. I understand the whole "not getting your period and wondering WHY" thing. It's hard not to have answers.
    I just bought a daytimer in hopes that I'll be better with stuff like birthdays. So far I like it because they're laid out really well.
    xo

     
  • At 10:22 a.m., Blogger Laurie said…

    Thanks Colleen. We should go for coffee one day. Just you and me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home