The Deutschers

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Long time away

Well the last little while has been really busy for me. I was volunteering all last week with the Arctic Winter Games. It was so much fun.

I worked with Snowboarding on Tuesday & Wednesday. I learned how to rake snow hills & banks in the correct way as so not to create ridges. I got to meet lots of different athletes from so many different places.

The competing places were
Alberta North
Yukon
NWT
Nunavut
Nunavik
Yamal (Russia)
Sami (Finland)
Greenland
Alaska

I also got to hang out with the younger kids at a pool party and then I got to play dorm mom for the girls on Saturday night.

I traded lots of pins and had an awesome time. When I get them all organized I will post some pictures of my pins.

I hope you guys all had wonderful weeks too.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:24 p.m., Blogger Colleen said…

    Sounds like a lot of fun, Laurie. I hardly know a thing that happened at the Arctic Games so you'll have to fill me in.

    I did have a good week but mostly I've just been trying to get over this stupid cough. It's almost gone. YAY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home