The Deutschers

Friday, December 01, 2006

Coming Home

Well it is my last day and night in Ottawa and I had a wonderful time. I went to May & Michel's last night for dinner and the whole clan was there. It was like coming home. I love spending time with all of them and had a nice evening. We ate and visited like any other time I had been there. You wouldn't have thought it had been almost 5 years since I had seen them. The banter was the same and the easy goingness was the same. I miss that a lot. There is nothing like going to visit friends and just enjoy each other. There is no need for words just a comfortable peace.

The weather has turned nasty here in Ottawa. It has been rain/snowing all day. Flights are delayed or cancelled. The wind is blowing to 31km and is gusting to 41. and there is a freezing rain warning in effect. I am glad I made the decision to stay until tomorrow when I booked my flight. I won't be as rushed as the storm is supposed to pass tonite. Pray for the other students travelling that they all arrive safely and don't have to deal with too many delays.

I miss and love you all.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:20 a.m., Blogger Monika said…

    Glad you had a nice time with friends in Ottawa...how you described it sounds like how it is when I get together with my friends in Winnipeg.
    Hope you have/had a good trip back to the 'Knife and we'll see you soon.
    Mon

     
  • At 10:58 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Laurie:

    It was soo nice to see you again. I wish we had more time. I hope you had a safe trip home.

    Miss you always...
    Jen

     
  • At 10:53 a.m., Blogger Colleen said…

    Have you caught up on your sleep yet now that you're home?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home