The Deutschers

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

I just wanted to share with you all today the wonderful gift Luke gave me for Mother's Day. He made it at school. I am amazed at where the teachers come up with it all. So here goes.
The top part has a paper plate with an imprint of his hand in green paint. And the bottom reads:

I miss you when we're no togehter
I'm growing up so fast
See how big I have gotten
Since you saw me last?
As I grow, I'll change a lot,
The years will fly right by.
You'll wonder how I grew so quick
When and where and why?
So look upon this hand print
That's hanging on your wall.
And memories will come back of me,
When I was very small.

Love Luke

Well do I need to tell you but I balled like a baby. Luke was wondering why I was crying. I love my kids with all my heart and it is moments like this that bring everything back.

So to all the mothers that read this Happy Mother's Day. I hope it brings fond memories back to you as well.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:16 a.m., Blogger Talena said…

    That would definitely tug my heartstrings, too.

    Bless you!

    Talena

     
  • At 3:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very dear, Laurie. I can see why you melted.

    Colleen

     
  • At 11:10 p.m., Blogger polarpegs said…

    See you fell for the old paper plate handprint poem. I remember loving the novelty of that when my nephews were in preschool and then when Taylor made one for Father's Day in Kindy I cried too. I felt like we were being initiated once again into parenthood, well at least into parenthood of a schoolage child.

    I don't remember getting that poem with Mykayla and I haven't with Noah but Noah's class did make simple laminated placemats and his said "I love Mommy because Mommy loves me." Pretty darn creative huh.

    Welcome to the world of School Days and homemade Mother's Day Cards.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home