The Deutschers

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Missing you already!!!!

Today I have this feeling of sadness as I think about my oldest son Luke. How do you explain to a 5 yr old that his 2 best friends are moving away. It is hard enough for adults to say good bye to close friends but imagine if you would that you are 5 and this person you have known your whole life just suddenly disappears from it. What would you do or how would you feel. Now I can admit that as his mother I am overly emotional about all of this because both families are close friends of our to and one is my best friend and I don't honestly know what I am going to do when she leaves. Now I know she isn't gone yet but I have to start dealing with it now or it will be way to emotional when the time comes.

I know, I know this post started out about my kids and ended up about me but heck it is my blog after all.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:18 p.m., Blogger Monika said…

    Ok so I know that Noah is his one friend leaving, but who is his other friend that is also leaving?

     
  • At 5:04 p.m., Blogger polarpegs said…

    Hey God has prepared your heart for this change and new beginning. I have had a year of watching that evolution. He has also done that for Luke. He is now in school and has met many new friends and that will just continue.

    I am assuming the other friend is Alexander and I know that will be hard but they will return at least to visit. They have family there.

    Having said all that you know we will miss you too. But you know that wherever we are there will be plenty of room to come and visit and to just relax.

     
  • At 2:21 p.m., Blogger Colleen said…

    It's the one hard thing about this town - the flow of people coming and going from your heart. The cool bit is that you could practically travel across Canada and stay with people you knew the whole way! However that's not much consolation when you just need to be close. The Herds will be deeply missed by our church and many others.

    C

     

Post a Comment

<< Home